4 Jun 2009
Aaaargh!! Finally, something is off my hands. I've just finished one of my latest projects. Feel a lot more lighter and less stress? No loh, I still don't feel that because I have other projects on hand. *sad sad. Been really really really busy and my head is gonna burst. Anyways, let's get to the point.

The image above is the site for the TOA Creative Media Award (click to enter), that me & Mafex worked together on. This year, we are using the theme from Disney•Pixar's upcoming film, called UP. I have also worked on last year's CMA website which is based on the film Wall•E. Which is not online anymore. But below here is a screen shot for your reference. :)

CMA 2008, Wall•E

When working on Disney•Pixar projects, it gives me a sense of belonging in the industry and inspires me in many ways. It trains me most in my researching skills, my AS3 scripting skills and responsibility in handling web challenges. Through my thorough research on the film UP, I've just noticed something really interesting about Pixar that I would like to share with everyone.


Did you know that Pixar plants many hidden things in their movies? It's sort of like a hidden mickey in Disney's cartoons. In Pixar films, they plant hidden characters or symbols which may sometimes appear for just a second or more. We call this the Easter Eggs of Pixar. I have found some to share with you guys. Here are some examples:

Here you can see from two different Pixar films, but having the same scene and almost similar angle. In "A Bug's Life" and "Monster's Inc" they both appeared with the caravan and that pizza truck (this truck first appeared in Toy Story and then in all the other latter Pixar films).

There easter eggs can be found and makes Pixar films a little bit more interesting than I thought. Another fascinating fact is that Pixar also plants in clues of their upcoming/next film in older films. Take a look at the examples below and you'll know what I mean.

In 2001, Monster's Inc was released and their clue for an upcoming film was this scene. Whereas you can actually see Nemo from Finding Nemo (released in 2003) held by Boo.

In 2003, Finding Nemo's scene in the dentist office, there is a kid reading a copy of The Incredibles (released in 2004) comic book.

In 2006, A scene in the film Cars, there was a little robot behind who passed by. With a closer look, it pretty much looked like Wall•E (released in 2008).

In 2007, the film Ratatouille where Remy was chased by a dog. This dog shadow looked so similar to the upcoming film UP's (released in 2009) dog called Dug.

And in the following year of 2007, Ratatouille had a short called "Your Friend the Rat". It is when Remy and Emile sings the song "Plan B", look carefully who the driver is in this scene! It is It is.... that little robot. Haha... Here, let me share the video with you.



So everyone might be guessing, who is gonna appear in UP? Who is the next character to be planted as an Easter Egg? Well... here is the answer:

This is a new character which will appear in their next film Toy Story 3. A pink teddy bear for which I have not yet to find out his name. So, get your eyes ready for more clues and may Pixar films give you more surprises in the future. (Tip: look out for that little ball in this scene in all other Pixar films too. It's called the Luxo Ball).

Ben's Blog

Do share this post to your friends and family if you like it. I welcome all people to share my blog on Facebook, Twitter, Trip Advisor, etc. It's all up to you. Thank you for visiting my blog. Don't forget to drop some comments or say hi in the boxes below.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks Reuben, learned something interesting and refreshing... nice site design... hope to learn some from u... ^^ k later got to travel back hometown for Joel's videoshooting on 2moro morning, Sungai Petani, I'm coming!

    chaoz...

    p/s: i got my photography practice blog on my main blogspot. so, gv some critiques... anyone will do! ^^
    I ENJOY learning, always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Disney and Pixar are great and all. Their things are always packed with fun and excitement. :)

    I'll visit your blog hehe...keep me updated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Up is great!!!
    pixar rocks! disney rocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi... just happen to cross your site... I see that you also love Disney... me too...

    Im planning to go to Tokyo or Hong Kong Disney this Christmas. Hoho and I found some stuffs from Hong Kong Disneyland here as well:
    disneycloth.cwahi.net

    I will definitely take tones of photos there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's amazing! I had no idea Pixar was so clever!

    ReplyDelete

My Engagement Shoot